In 1975 Paddington first appeared on the television, made by FilmFair in the UK. The TV series used a technique of combining a three-dimensional Paddington puppet with two-dimensional backgrounds and other characters. Both the puppet and the technique were designed by Ivor Wood.
56 episodes were made in total, along with 3 half-hour specials, from 1975 to 1984.
- Paddington Bear - Named after the London station where he was found. He arrived as a stowaway from deepest, darkest Peru.
- Aunt Lucy - Aunt Lucy is the only relative known of Paddington. Paddington always writes to his Aunt Lucy to tell her how his adventures are going.
- Mr and Mrs Brown - They take care of Paddington. They found him in Paddington Station.
- Jonathan and Judy Brown - Son and daughter of Mr and Mrs Brown and temporary brother and sister to Paddington.
- Mr. Grubber - Mr. Grubber likes to do everything with Paddington because he really enjoys being with him. He treats Paddington like a son.
- Mrs. Bird - Elderly lady who lives in the same house as the Browns but they are not related in any way. Mrs. Bird cares a lot for Paddington since he has joined the family.
- Narration and all voices by: Sir Michael Hordern
- Written by: Michael Bond
- Animated by: Ivor Wood
- Directed by: Barry Leith
- Produced by: Graham Clutterbuck
- Download (MP3)